Wednesday 10 January 2018

Stir crazy!

First day out of the house after nearly 2 weeks of proper bed ridden flu, well, other than a couple of brief tripped out and nauseated outings to the food fortress, shit doesn't get done if I don't do it. Man, I hate being ill. Today was the first time I'd felt near (only near) human enough to venture out in to the woods. And as if in support, the sun shone, as wrapped in many layers, buffs and topped with a thick beanie, I stumbled coughing through the stands. The forest was beautiful, I stood breathing in the fresh clear air, so refreshing after the thick muggy air of inside, whilst above me the ancient beech and oak of Mark Ash towered reaching for the sky, it's interesting to note how often you see an Oak and a Beech planted together out here in the forest. Ah, healing nature, you can really feel it. My wander only lasted about 25 minutes before, although I wanted to continue, I knew it would probably be to my detriment if I walked further. You notice as you get older, lurgies last longer and you don't bounce back quite as quickly. It's hard to accept, though it is how it is. Well, it's nearly 2 weeks into January and now everything's behind, I'm always trying catch up as it is, better get a shuffle on.

No comments:

Post a Comment