Wednesday 3 January 2018

On the tenth day of Christmas

On the tenth day of Christmas music gave to me, well, music didn't really give it to me, though it does allow music to give to me, the lovely new Rega Planar 1 record deck I got for my birthday. I'd had my old Dual Audiophile concept cs503-2 record deck for years, though in recently I'd had to replace the headstock, the belt, of course the stylus and the original lid, long broken, was replaced by the lid from my even older vintage Dual cs505-4, which didn't really fit. Still, it played records and allowed my music (records) to keep on giving, in fact it has had a long and distinguished service record of consistency. It's interesting though how you accept compromise without really knowing your doing it, especially if it has developed slowly. I thought that my Dual still sounded fine, and to be honest it didn't sound bad or anything, although from the first spin of the Rega I could hear the difference, it shouted at me. Now the sound appears cleaner, clearer, with more detail and depth. All my records are new again. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment