Thursday 5 October 2017

Harvest Moon

The Harvest Moon was beautiful this evening. Harvest Moon is the name given to the full moon closest to the Autumn Equinox, tonight was the first time Harvest Moon fell in October since 2009. It was a good night for a full moon fire, we were blessed with a clear sky to show off the moon in all her glory.  I over did the fire a few times, possibly on account of me consuming a few to many shots of brown liquor on an empty stomach before I started. The fire pit area, nestled amongst the trees as it is was at times fully illuminated and I was pushed to the edge by the heat of my own stupidity. I slouched, blunted, along the fire side bench staring up at the full moon through our Hazel tree as shadows cast by the fire danced and flicked around me. Listening to Cary Grace's 'Projections' my alcohol muddled mind drifted up through the branches with the smoke rising from the fire. Projections is a fine album of a proggy psyche flavour, it's very atmospheric, and suited my melancholic mood well. It has been a mournful month since the last full moon, a full moon which was met with relief and thanks, though which sadly heralded a period heartache and upset. In fact, for the most part, the whole of September was a pile of shite.

No comments:

Post a Comment