Saturday 14 October 2017

Fatties

I saw these couple of fatties out in the forest. Mad looking bikes. The frame clearances look outlandish, though they have to be to fit the tyres, tyres which are huge, 4.8'' fitting as they do 100mm wide rims. The guys said the great for mud and sand, and are a lot of fun. Must be slow riding though, and hard going on the road. The top bike is a Surly Moonlander, and the bottom a Cube e-fatbike, the Cube also had a motor.  If I had loads of money I'd have a range of bikes to fit terrain, conditions and mood. Though I haven't, so I think I'll stick to my Santa Cruz, it may not like the deep mud or sand, but it's versatile on and off road. It's funny what you see out.

2 comments:

  1. Here in Norway they use these fatbikes in loose snow (that I expect to come here at north cape within the coming week) too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ridden one of these in the snow Marinus? They look like a laugh, and the addition of snow just adds to the fun.

    ReplyDelete