Monday 17 October 2016

Pigs doing their thing

They're here! The pigs are out to pannage. This group were wandering about the wooded environs of Red Rise Brook (which as I suggested yesterday were back to normal, all the flood waters gone and the gravel bed of the brook exposed in places), and there was plenty for them to forage for. They were quite a friendly bunch, more interested in us than anything. I wish we hadn't sanitised our countryside, it's one of the aspects of re-wilding which most appeals to me, the idea of reintroducing once common, now absent wildlife.  Yeah, I know it would cause problems initially, but we'd get over it, we'd adapt. Other countries retain wild animals, some dangerous, and they get by. It's a real joy seeing the pigs out, if you're lucky, you'll spot pigs, ponies, cows and deer, all mingling together. I did. I say 'if you're lucky', as I've only seen that twice, it was cool, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment