Monday 26 September 2016

Apples!

I'd thought that all the apple trees over the common had failed this year, all suffering from disease or bugs, with what few fruits setting dropping early. I was wrong though. The myriad of paths which cross the common are fluid and have changed over the years, some abandoned for what ever reason, neglected and forgotten, whilst others are created. Along one of these forgotten paths one apple tree has flourished, laden with good sized fruits. The recent weather has beaten down the chest high bracken and I could get through to it. I'd totally forgotten about this tree, a tree I used to pass most days and had gathered apples from on countless occasions. The skin of the apples is tough and a bit tedious to eat, though the flesh beneath is lovely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment