Sunday 31 July 2016

Nipple Hill

I passed Wingreen Hill on my return from Devon this afternoon. I'd been on a mercy mission for a chum (or in this case chump) who'd locked his keys in his van at Kozfest. Easily done, especially at a psychedelic rock festival. As I climbed up Zig Zag Hill, up onto downs Wingreen was silhouetted against the sky in the distance. The afternoon sky was azure blue and dappled with light wispy cloud, the ripening downs landscape was bathed in the rich colours afforded by the summer sun. Lovely! So prominent on the horizon, and so clearly visible for miles around, Wingreen has always been a feature to orientate yourself by. Even if a landscape feature already has an established name, still we tend to assign them our own, so it is with Wingreen, known to our family as 'Nipple Hill'. Seeing landscape, as I do, as a physical manifestation of the Goddess, it's curves, it's hills and valleys, 'Nipple Hill' seemed an appropriate name. 

2 comments:

  1. Harrumph... I prefer to be referred to a plum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's as maybe, sir, and yes, for the most part you are indeed a 'plum', although on this occasion you were most certainly a 'chump' and therefore I stand by my description :) Good day.

    ReplyDelete