Thursday 28 July 2016

I hate fairyland! by Skottie Young Vol1: Madly ever after

I enjoy a good graphic novel, and 'Madly ever after', Volume 1 of Skottie Youngs, 'I hate fairyland', is a really good graphic novel, a visual feast of colour and form, wittily written and drawn by Skottie Young. I was drawn in by the brightly coloured cover depicting the psychotic main character Gertrude, a mix of old school comic styles with a touch of the grotesque. Skottie's take on the traditional 'fairyland' story is funny and refreshing, a simple comic story of a girl whose wish to go to fairyland comes true, although having been trapped there now for 27 years, unable to find the key to her return, she's gone a touch mental and has become the feared scourge of that magical land. Something has to be done, and Queen Cloudia of Fairyland has a plan. As I say, a rich brightly coloured visual feast, a brilliant read which I highly recommend. I can't wait for Volume 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment